Monday, November 18, 2013

Christina Ricci as Lizzie Borden; Martin Prince Robbed?


Sublte, Lifetime, subtle. 

I had no idea that Christina Ricci was set to play Lizzie Borden in a Lifetime movie.  I saw the headline on Entertainment Weekly's site moments ago, and I quite literally sqealed out loud.  Anytime that Ricci pops up, I breathe a sigh of relief.  It doesn't look as if she has aged--AT ALL.  

Lizzie Borden Took an Ax will premiere in January on Lifetime.  I love how wink wink she is on the poster.  The tagline ("It's time to bury the hatchet") is pretty groan and smile inducing at the same time.  If Lifetime would embrace how silly some of their subject matter is, I might be more enthusiastic to tune in.  This will be set on my DVR the moment I get home.  What's that?  Clea DuVall will play her sister?!  Ohhh, man!  I am so there!

I couldn't help but wonder if The Simpsons' Martin Prince would be mad that he got overlooked in the casting of Lizzie.  In the episode "Cape Feare" (might be my favorite ep, by the way), Bart receives threatening notes from Sideshow Bob who is about to be released from prison.  Bart's terror builds and builds, and his teacher, Edna Krabappel, tells him that he has been cast as a victim in the school play about Lizzie Borden.  Martin, Bart's dandy classmate, will play Lizzie.


Ricci will no doubt be great, but maaaaybe they should've done a comic animated movie.  Just throwing it out there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment